We Need Your Help!
We are looking for 9 adults with cystic fibrosis to take part in a study
The study will investigate the sweating and body temperature response to exercise in heat in adults with cystic fibrosis on modulator therapy compared to healthy controls.
Taking part in this study will involve:
• 2 visits to the laboratory at the University of Portsmouth (an additional pre-screening visit if you are >30 years old). We expect visit 1 to take 2 hours, visit 2 to take 3 hours and the screening visit to take 1 hour
• performing an intense exercise test
• performing some prolonged exercise in a heat chamber set to 40ºC and 30% relative humidity
• letting us attach some monitors to you whilst you exercise in the heat
• providing 2 urine samples.
This is a great opportunity for you to help us to understand the sweat response and body temperature regulation response in people with cystic fibrosis.
Testing will take place in Portsmouth but could be under the care of a different NHS Trust.
For those interested & to sign up to the study, please contact Lauren Clayton.
📞 02392 843 085